If you have a question about your account or benefits, you should initially contact Customer Service. If you are dissatisfied with an administrative action, you may lodge a complaint with the scheme administrator, Mercer Administration.

If you feel you have been unfairly treated or are disadvantaged by a decision of the scheme administrator relating to a benefit entitlement, you may lodge a notice of dispute with the Trustee Board within two years of being notified of the decision.

Please send the notice to:

Disputes Officer
SAS Trustee Corporation
PO Box N259 
Grosvenor Place NSW 1220

You may then be requested to clarify certain details relating to your dispute and to provide additional supporting evidence. Your dispute will then be referred to the Member Services Committee for consideration and you will be notified of the outcome of the review.

If you are dissatisfied with the review of that decision, you may lodge an appeal with the Supreme Court of New South Wales within six months of being notified of the outcome of the review, or within a further time allowed by the Court.

The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) cannot deal with STC Scheme member complaints.

For more information about complaints and disputes, please refer to our Complaints, Disputes and Appeals fact sheet and our Complaint and Dispute Resolution policy