State Super’s annual member satisfaction research, now in its 7th year, is an ongoing snapshot of member satisfaction with the services offered by State Super.
Results from our most recent study highlight greater member satisfaction compared to the national average for super funds in our core services.
State Super’s telephone service was rated 8.1 out of 10 compared with the industry average of 7.4. The top 3 reasons why call centre staff received this high rating were:
- Being polite and courteous (rated 8.9 out of 10)
- Doing what they said they would do (rated 8.4)
- Providing information in an easy to understand manner (rated 8.4)
Scheme seminars (webinars)
State Super seminars (run as online webinars since the COVID-19 pandemic) help SASS and SSS members to understand their scheme. In 2021, members rated our seminars 8.5 out of 10, which is substantially higher than the national average of 7.0. The top 3 reasons for member satisfaction with seminars was:
- Invitations and ease of registration (rated 8.7 out of 10)
- Speaker was knowledgeable and able to answer questions (rated 8.5)
- The information presented in an easy to understand manner (rated 8.4)
State Super offers members a 1-1 zoom video meeting with an experienced customer service representative to discuss details of their super or pension or for assistance completing forms or other paperwork. In 2021, members rated the interview service 8.3 out of 10, a great result compared to the national average of 6.8.
State Super provides easy access to financial planners from Aware Super who are experts in the complexities of our schemes. Members who met with an Aware financial planner in 2021 rated the experience 8.4 out of 10, compared with a national average of 7.3. The top 3 reasons for this rating were:
- Polite and courteous (rated 8.9 out of 10)
- Doing what they said they would do (rated 8.7 out of 10)
- Ability to communicate and explain things clearly (rated 8.7 out of 10)
Members rated State Super’s investment performance 8.1 out of 10 in 2021, which is a substantial increase on the 2020 rating of 7.4. This year’s investment performance rating of 8.1 is also higher than the national average rating of 7.7.
About State Super Member Satisfaction research
- State Super Annual Member Satisfaction research is conducted by Woolcott Research & Engagement.
- The 2021 research survey was completed November/December 2021 with 1,032 State Super members and approximately 1,000 members of other super funds
- The study was conducted using Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI).
- Participants were asked to think about how satisfied they are with a particular element of service and rate it out of 10, with 10 being extremely satisfied.
- Scores for some key service areas were then compared against the national average.