- the balance in the contributor's personal account
- the employer-financed benefit, which is 2.5%^ of the higher of the final salary or the final average salary for each accrued benefit point
- the SANCS basic benefit, which is calculated as either:
- 3% of the final salary for each year of service from 1 April 1988, if the member is under 55 at the date of death
- 3% of the final average salary for each year of service from 1 April 1988, if the member is over 55 at the date of death
- any balance in the contributor's Additional Employer Contribution (AEC) account
- any balance in the contributor's Commonwealth Government co-contributions account and LISTO amount
- the Additional Benefit, which is 4% of the final salary for each prospective benefit point to age 58 (if the member is covered for the Additional Benefit).
Benefit payment options
When a deferred member dies
In the event of a deferred member's death, the deferred lump sum benefit would be payable to the member's spouse (including a de facto spouse) or, if there is no eligible spouse, to the member's estate. Refer to SASS Fact Sheet 8: Death benefit for further information.